Pull up on tv mount

Pull up tv mount installation
Have you seen the pictures of the tv installer doing pull ups on their tv mount? This is a really great marketing scheme which we do but lately it seems to have taken on a new life, even another company took it as their name. It all started when I took my 4 year old daughter on an tv installation on a weekend. I spoke to the owner and she had a small girl as well, so we thought it would be fun. 

After I installed the tvs, my daughter asked if she could hang on it. It was funny, we did it, and everyone laughed. The homeowner said she was surprised it would hold my daughter so I actually hung from the tv mount myself, doing a few pull ups to show her how strong it was. 

From this, I noticed the reaction and went home and installed a tv mount on my own wall, then re-enacted the pull up and took some pictures. This is the picture you now see on my website- the original PULL UP TV MOUNT

But there is some danger in this and you should not let your tv installer do pull ups on your mount. In fact, if they do it, have that mount replaced immediately. 

Not to overreact, but tv mounts are made from steel which is a metal, and metal bends (sometimes). With the grade metal used in most tv mounts, it will bend somewhat but the iron content is low and it will only bend slightly before it SNAPS. I am not going to get too technical, but basically, the metal doesn’t bend as much as it eventually snaps when weakened. 

If your installer hangs from a tv mount it does not show signs of weakening, but under the black powder coat, on a molecular level, it does weakened the mount. You can’t see it but a weak spot is created and given the right pressure, it will snap, and it may be years from now but regardless, your tv is the one at risk. 

Doing something like hanging from a tv mount voids the warranty and rightfully so. 

I know the picture I posted of doing a pull up on a tv mount is great. In fact I own and operate Baltimore TV Mount, but I also own/ operate a few other tv mounting websites and they all use the pull up tv picture. Just know, that mount is in my own home and I do not use it. I bought the mount and did the picture for marketing purposes only. 

Bottom line- although funny, don’t trust your tv mount to do pull ups. 


My other installer websites

Salt Lake City TV Mount

Austin TV Mount

Denver TV Mount

Maryland TV Mount

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Fuzzy Bumble Bee- What are they? Do they Hurt? How to Kill them.

Shovel your driveway for convenience. Shovel the sidewalk or be FINED!

Hire a Handyman- Risk Identity Theft- The Pay Per Lead Industry you don't know exists